As an accounting manager at Engine Room, you perform a wide range of accounting functions for multiple clients.
Skills and responsibilities
As a member of the Engine Room team, you exude our cultural ethos internally and externally. You play an active role in the growth and evolution of the firm. Here are the specifics:
- You’re good at solving complex accounting problems.
- You communicate exceptionally well, whether writing or speaking. That includes communicating with team members and clients.
- You like to collaborate.
- You’re good at managing your time and producing client deliverables on budget.
- Review your own work for accuracy and completeness. Sometimes you might review others’ work, too.
- Process payroll and maintain records.
- On-board and off-board our clients’ employees.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed-asset records.
- Take responsibility for business compliance, including preparing schedules for sales and business tax returns.
- Prepare schedules for audit support.
- Close general ledger every month.
- Participate in budgeting and client on-boarding.
- Research and resolve accounting issues.
- Maintain appropriate accounting controls.
- Produce timely, accurate financial statements and regulatory reports.
- Perform month-end close activities, including accruals, equity roll-forwards, contract review, revenue recognition and more.
- Perform other job-related tasks and projects when assigned.
You report to the director of outsourced services, or the director of expertise on demand.
- Energetic, warm, positive, supportive culture
- Exceptional collection of finance and accounting talent
- Vibrant, growing company
- Inspirational, visionary clients making meaningful breakthroughs
- Start-up thrills, without the risk
- Flexibility and quality of life
- Endless opportunities for learning and growth
- Outstanding selection of snacks