As a controller for Engine Room, you manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously. You’re a strong leader who supplies professional training and motivation to team members.
As a member of our team, you exude our cultural ethos internally and externally. You play a role in the growth of the firm, too. Here are specific skills you’ll need and responsibilities you’ll own:
- You work on projects with medium complexity. You motivate yourself and require little structure.
- You communicate exceptionally well. You’re good at explaining complex accounting issues.
- You’re a collaborator who thrives in a dynamic environment. You’re at ease toggling between strategic work and small executional details.
- You’re an excellent problem solver
- You manage your time well and deliver client work on time and on budget
- You know how to manage, develop and motivate teams
- Review your own and others’ work for thoroughness and accuracy
- Serve as primary contact and team lead for assigned clients
- Own final work product, as defined in client scope of work. Ensure deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Think ahead to anticipate client needs
- Serve as main interface with client audit teams
- Participate in on-boarding of new clients
- Prepare client consolidations, financial statements and budgets
- Maintain compliance calendar for assigned clients and ensure deadlines are met
- Take responsibility for all balance sheet accounts, including debt and equity
- Implement policies and procedures
- Research and resolve accounting issues
- As necessary, perform month-end close, account reconciliations and other hands-on tasks
- Help review resumes and interview prospective team members
- Take on other job-related tasks or projects, when asked to
You report to the director of outsourced services, or the director of expertise on demand
- Energetic, warm, positive, supportive culture
- Exceptional collection of finance and accounting talent
- Vibrant, growing company
- Inspirational, visionary clients making meaningful breakthroughs
- Start-up thrills, without the risk
- Flexibility and quality of life
- Endless opportunities for learning and growth
- Outstanding selection of snacks
Send resume and cover note to Heidi Green, Recruiting Director, at [email protected]